I need your help!
Recently i created the fabulous Dark Magician Girl for perth’nova13! I loved the reaction i got from other con-goers who were just genuinely happy to see one of their favourite characters!
Anyhow even though i didn’t win anything at the con, I’m trying my hand at an online contest! all i need you to do is to vote for me (using your Facebook through the Otaku House website) to see if i can get a qualifying position for the Asia Pacific!
Lets see what we can do for our favourite magician girl <3 ~ !
If you would like to see a turn-around of the costume i am featured in this MV (0:36 - 0:45) shot by a fellow-con-goer! be sure to give her some love too!
The Designer wanted to show a dream-like relationship between animals and herself. As the print series progresses there is a deterioration of image end eventually the viewer arrives at a vandalised, obscured final print. The series maps the progression between a good dream and a nightmare.
Because of my extension i was working within a timeframe in which i had no facilites to create or cut my prints/plates. Eventually i was able to find a studio with a press and i spent a full day working and printing there.
As i had little time i decided i would create the look i was going for - but with only one print (two plates - lino/drypoint). I chose to use the first concept i did as it establishes my pets in a guardian type of role as well as establishing a dream - showing two different types of maps. a relationship map and a emotional one.
while i was printing i came across a couple of complications - the first being that i couldn’t get my lino to register properly over my drypoint - it definitely could have been achieved, however as i had limited recourses i had to be content with what i had. However i became very pleased with the rawness and roughness of the final product - even when i had overprinted a couple of times.
I had a bit of fun using different paper types - for tests i used a thinner type slightly-corrugated paper and a thicker cartridge paper, although overall i was more interested in exploring the outputs of the prints and how i could adjust it afterwards (i.e. using watercolour / markers)
At this point i realised i would beale to meet the criteria of making a set - I decided i would be-able to make a dream set with this print: the first representes a good dream and then it gradually deteriorates into a bad dream. for the last print i was thinking i would vandalise the last print with a marker to enforce this.
BELOW IS FIRST PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION